The Syndicat National des Fruits Secs/Alliance 7, FRUCOM member in France, has informed about an update of the nutrition recommendations by the French public health agency. It has recommended to consume everyday a small handful of non-salty nuts such as nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios (naturally rich in omega 3).
Santé Publique France (national public health agency) presented the « Updated recommendations on diet, physical activity and physical inactivity for the adult population » to the Directorate-General for Food (DGAL), to the Directorate-General for Social Cohesion (DGCS) and to the General Directorate for Competition Policy, Consumer Affairs and Fraud Control (DGCCRF) and to the business and civil society organisations. The new recommendations will be subject to communication campaign in 2019.
New recommendations for adults
1. More fruits and vegetables: at least 5/day, as an example: 3 servings of vegetables and 2 of fruits. In addition, consume everyday a small handful of non-salty nuts such as nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios (naturally rich in omega 3).
2. More pulses: at least twice a week (naturally high in fiber)
3. Switch to whole grains and starches: at least 1/day (naturally high in fiber)
4. Switch to fish: 2/week including 1 fatty fish
5. Switch to nut, olive and rapeseed oil (healthy fats)
6. Switch to dairy products: 2 dairy products per day
7. Less alcohol: max 2 glasses a day and not every day
8. Less soft drinks, salty and sugary products, ultra-processed foods
9. Less salty products: recommended to reduce salt intake
10. Less meat: focus on poultry and limit other meats to 500g per week
11. Less cold cuts: limit to 150g per week
Report, press release and « pedagogical file » can be downloaded to the following link (in French only) :